Y.O.V.E. Alumnae Leaders
The success of the Y.O.V.E. program lies in the stories of the many Y.O.V.E. Alumnae from the community who are now attending colleges and universities who have seized the opportunities and experience afforded to them through the Y.O.V.E. program to become the next generation of women leaders for tomorrow.
The Y.O.V.E. Alumnae Leaders were students from high school who previously attended the Y.O.V.E. After School Leadership Development Program. Upon graduating from High School and admitted to College, University, the Year Up Program with Miami Dade College, The Military and/or Public Safety are invited to return to help pay it forward and to serve as Volunteer Role Models to help the other teens currently attending the Y.O.V.E. Program to succeed. They are committed to support the program as follows:
- Serve as the faces of the Youth of Valor Empowerment (Y.O.V.E.) Program.
- Share their college experiences, and motivate the Y.O.V.E. High school teens to stay in school and to graduate high school and serve as tutors.
- Attend Annual Leadership Training Development for Y.O.V.E. Alumnae hosted by the Ladies of Valor Empowerment (L.O.V.E.) Organization.
- Serve as Chaperones and attend several field trips throughout the year to help supervise the teens as role models and youth support team.
- Serve as volunteer at the Ladies of Valor Empowerment (L.O.V.E.) Annual National Women’s History Month Celebration during the month of March, dressed in professional attire, and also for the Annual L.O.V.E. Suited For Empowerment Celebration and other community events.